How to make Vegetable Grill Sandwich Recipe:
Vegetable Grill Sandwich Recipe is Mumbai’s famous Street Sandwich, stuffed with the delicious mixture of Boiled Potatoes and Healthy Vegetables between three pieces of Bread Slices.
- 6 big size bread slices (white or brown)
- 1 medium onion (cut into thin round slices)
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled and cut into thin round slices)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (capsicum) (cut into thin rings)
- 2 medium tomatoes (cut into thin round slices)
- 1 boiled beet root (cut into thin round slices)
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion, thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoon capsicum, thinly chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon Coriander chutney
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Take all the bread slices and apply little butter on them. (Tip: you can trim the edges of bread slices). Apply some green chutney and spread evenly on all bread slices.
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl and add 1 tbsp thinly chopped onion, 2 tbsp chopped capsicum, 2 fine chopped green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, Few chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix very well and make a fine potato mixture.
- Now take 3 bread slices and spread about 2 tablespoon of potato mixture evenly on one bread slice. Cover with another bread slice and now arrange 7-8 pieces of cucumber on it and sprinkle little salt and chaat masala over it.
- Put 4-5 slices of tomatoes and again sprinkle some chaat masala over it. Finally arrange 3-4 slices of onion and beet root. Sprinkle some salt and chaat masala on it. In the end put 2 slices of capsicum and now sprinkle good amount of chaat masala over it.
- In this way to make the layers of each and every sliced vegetable. Make sure to sprinkle chaat masala after every layer of veggie.
- Cover the sandwich with third bread slice with the chutney side facing down. Press lightly and put the sandwich on the grill.
- Grill till both sides are golden and having the grill marks. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Make one more sandwich from the leftover mixture and vegetables.
Spread some Tomato Ketchup and Spicy Red Chutney over the sandwich just before serving. You can Grate one full cube of processed cheese on each sandwich. Try to make this sandwich from the big size sandwich bread, that is easily available in market