Kabab culture in India was a gift from the Mughals. Kabab is eternally non-vegetarian and is usually made of chicken, mutton or beef. The test of best kabab is that, the chicken or the mutton should remain soft and juicy inside and you should know exactly how long to cook. Here is one of the simplest ways to make seekh kabab.
Aloo tikki is a vegetarian snack. The main ingredient is aloo/ potato, which is mixed with spices and herbs to form tikkis. You can serve it with tea or any chutney.
By Priya on March 24, 2012
Cucumber Raita is made with cucumber, curd and cooling mint leaves. There is a good amount of nutrients in this raita because of its healthy ingredients.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 tomato, fine chopped (optional)
- 3 cups yogurt (curd)
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Few coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- A pinch of chaat masala
- Salt to taste
How to make Cucumber Raita:
- Beat the curd until becomes smooth.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomato and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now pour this raita in individual bowls.
- Sprinkle little bit of cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala powder at the time of serving.
- Also garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Keep the prepared bowls in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- This raita tastes yummy when in served chilled.
- The flavors of cucumber with curd is good for glowing skin.
- For making chaas you can blend this raita and make a form of liquidizer.
How to make Vegetable Grill Sandwich Recipe:
Vegetable Grill Sandwich Recipe is Mumbai’s famous Street Sandwich, stuffed with the delicious mixture of Boiled Potatoes and Healthy Vegetables between three pieces of Bread Slices.
- 6 big size bread slices (white or brown)
- 1 medium onion (cut into thin round slices)
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled and cut into thin round slices)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (capsicum) (cut into thin rings)
- 2 medium tomatoes (cut into thin round slices)
- 1 boiled beet root (cut into thin round slices)
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion, thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoon capsicum, thinly chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon Coriander chutney
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Take all the bread slices and apply little butter on them. (Tip: you can trim the edges of bread slices). Apply some green chutney and spread evenly on all bread slices.
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl and add 1 tbsp thinly chopped onion, 2 tbsp chopped capsicum, 2 fine chopped green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, Few chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix very well and make a fine potato mixture.
- Now take 3 bread slices and spread about 2 tablespoon of potato mixture evenly on one bread slice. Cover with another bread slice and now arrange 7-8 pieces of cucumber on it and sprinkle little salt and chaat masala over it.
- Put 4-5 slices of tomatoes and again sprinkle some chaat masala over it. Finally arrange 3-4 slices of onion and beet root. Sprinkle some salt and chaat masala on it. In the end put 2 slices of capsicum and now sprinkle good amount of chaat masala over it.
- In this way to make the layers of each and every sliced vegetable. Make sure to sprinkle chaat masala after every layer of veggie.
- Cover the sandwich with third bread slice with the chutney side facing down. Press lightly and put the sandwich on the grill.
- Grill till both sides are golden and having the grill marks. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Make one more sandwich from the leftover mixture and vegetables.
Spread some Tomato Ketchup and Spicy Red Chutney over the sandwich just before serving. You can Grate one full cube of processed cheese on each sandwich. Try to make this sandwich from the big size sandwich bread, that is easily available in market
How To Boil Eggs Perfectly Every Time
What You Need
6 large eggs
- Put the eggs in a pan of cold water. Place 6 eggs in a saucepan and fill it with cold water.
- Set over high heat.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil. The water should come to a full, rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. If you have an electric stovetop, take the pan off the burner entirely. Don’t forget to cover the pan.
- Set your timer for the desired time. Leave the eggs in the covered pan for the right amount of time. How long? Depends on whether you want soft-boiled or hard-boiled. Here’s how long each will take:
• For slightly runny soft-boiled eggs: 4 minutes
• For custardy yet firmer soft-boiled eggs: 6 minutes
• For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 10 minutes
- Tap the cooked eggs gently. After your selected time is up, remove the cooked eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and tap each gently on the countertop to crack the shell in a few places.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water. Fill a bowl with ice water. Transfer the eggs to the bowl and leave them there for at least 1 minute.
- Peel and eat! When ready to eat, peel the egg and enjoy.
- Quantity: You can of course do fewer eggs (or more!), but we like to do 6 at once.
- Storage: Refrigerate any unused eggs, still in their shells, within 2 hours. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- The black plate in these photos is a clay platter by La Chambafrom Toque Blanche.